Monday, March 3, 2008

Claire's Baptism

What an amazing day March 2 was for us! The Bowie church is very special to my family and having my husband and daughter be in this place was extremely moving. Not only have 4 generations been baptized here but my parents married here on this same day! This day was right up there with my wedding and the birth of Claire. The town is run down and boarded up as you drive down Maint Street but in my mind I can see everything as it once was when it had life. I joke that it reminds me of the animated movie Cars.

We had a surprise visit from my dad's best friend Memo and his wife Terry. They all grew up together and it is so great that they are a part of my life now. I love to hear stories about the past. It's the kind of friendship that I hope for my own child. The same friendships that I have with Kaylan and Sandi. My life-long, childhood pals who hold all my stories. I pray that Claire has these friends! They are the family that you chose for yourself.

Not much is new on the baby front. Claire is sticking out her tongue and discovering new raspberry blowing talents. She is eating good and sleeping great! We love our new baby group friends and continue to hang out with the girls a few times a week. We have a few family visits this month with Eric's sibs visiting. I was able to talk on the phone tonight with his eldest sibling, Ken, for the first time. We have never met and I hope to get the opportunity soon. He sounds like an amazing person! Claire has a new uncle to meet too!! All is good for the Cox family!

Oh yes....Claire has jelly shoes! OH MY GOODNESS!!

No comments: