Monday, March 31, 2008

Claire earns her wings!

We did it! We took a trip via plane and survived! We took Claire to Texas to celebrate her Grandma's 60th birthday. It was tense flying standby on the trip out of town but getting home I rested my nerves. Thank goodness the flight is only 2 hours! It's over before you know it. This is the first time I have ever been on a plane without getting my magazines and ginger ale! It was all about making bottles and keeping her smiling or getting her to sleep.

Claire really enjoyed all the attention from my family. It was great to see my brother, Tana, and mom just eating her up. They haven't seen her since the very early days so it was a much needed visit for us all. I loved just hanging with my family and lounging around the house with our kiddos. Cousin Abby was excited to see Claire and didn't want to flush her down the toilet like last time. I was able to give Abby much more attention than I was when Claire was 3 weeks old. I had really missed "our time"! She is a pistol and a doll rolled up in one. I think that equals T-R-O-U-B-L-E! :)

Eric and Claire are both fighting colds. Claire just has a runny nose and had a cough from the drainage. She hasn't had a fever or seemed sickly. It could be teething stuff?? We have been really lucky that she has been so healthy with the tough cold season this year. Eric is a little more down but trying to stay well and go to work. He is tough like that. Half the time he won't even tell me he's sick. Most men turn into babies when they get ill but not my guy. I almost wish he would get a little needy so I could help him.

We are really looking forward to a relaxing month before our trip to Mexico in May. March was busy busy with visitors, the baptism, and our trip. April is looking pretty good on the calendar....EMPTY!! Not that it hasn't been fun but we need a break.

No comments: