Sunday, March 16, 2008

In Da Hood

I love these webisodes called In the Motherhood! It really is the 'hood! Our own bond of baby stories and daily "stuff". Some days all you can do is laugh...or cry! These stories make me laugh out loud which is much needed especially since the PMS eagle has landed!
Today we were all going to Spring Training to watch the Cubs play. Claire has been particularly fussy today and a little yesterday. She is pretty much refusing her bottle. I switched to a new formula but she hasn't had a problem until last night (after a week). She is swatting her bottle on the floor....pushing the spoon of solids away. It is annoying and frustrating for us all. I can't figure out why she is being this way. Teething? Who knows? If you don't have a reason just blame it on teething. It is the only thing that makes us feel better because we don't want to believe our precious little angel is acting so....CRAZY!!! Bottom line...I didn't go to the game. Daddy did. Afterall, it is his family that is in town. It would have been nice to get out though. I am not sure I could have handled a fussy baby at a ball game though with no stroller or place to put her! One good eye roll from Daddy and I would have been postal for sure! He seems to give me these looks when he has a disapproving thought. I am certain he thinks Claire is made of glass. He is always telling me what a great mom I am but there are days I can see those eyes glaring at me. I am a mom afterall and I have eyes in the back of my head. I see everything!!! Men are so funny when they have a girl but by gollie if this was a boy he'd never give me that look. He would be expected to be tough and try new things! Daddy's little girl!!
I was out swimming on Friday so I can't complain about not going to the game. Nevermind that I tied one on as well and Eric had to take care of me & baby! Boy does that hurt the next day. No matter how much you drink the night before your baby still gets up at 6am and needs you all day!!!!! Funny how that is! That's when you really need a babysitter. For the morning after! "Um, could you be here at 6am and leave at 7pm! " :) "Party Kristen" learned her lesson...AGAIN!!


On the swimming front, Claire took her first dip in the (heated) pool!!! It was so fun to see her get all excited and she looked so cute in her swimsuit. She was thrilled and I can't wait to keep taking her to the pool and letting her "swim"!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I LOVE party Kristen...if you haven't seen it, you haven't lived! HA!