Friday, January 9, 2009

I just can't help it....

...but I think my kid is a genius!! :) I am sure I am no different than most parents. Everything your baby does is the best thing on earth to ever happen. Eric and I are in constant awe of her growth, skills, and beauty. I took Claire to her 15 month well check up today. She impressed the doctor with her verbal skills. When he said "good girl, Claire" she repeated him with "goo guhl". She told him "tank you" and "bye" as he left the room. Such a smart girl! I have to give Daddy a lot of credit for reading to her every night before bedtime and using such good manners with her. She is off the charts in height for her age and 50% for her weight. Tall and skinny! Now if we can just work on getting her off the bottle. She only wants juice and water from a cup. She is no fool when we put milk in her cup. She throws it down on the floor and demands her bah, bah. It will be a long road but we will get there. The doctor also warned us that tantrums will be starting soon. I told them that we are already there! She is ahead of the curve in all aspects not just talking! With the good comes the bad. She is the sweetest little girl I could ever imagine and so full of love. It's hard to comprehend when we see her throw herself on the floor screaming or hit us. Yes, she has started to hit us if she doesn't get her way. It's something we hope will go away if we don't feed into it. We know that our little baby has turned into a toddler and that will bring challenges. It will be another learning curve for us all.
aim high! i hope she will always follow her dreams. (just not to UT. she can't leave Arizona! i will be pulling for U of A where her grandpa welker attended)

daddy's girl
15 months



No comments: