Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Girlfriends

Friday I leave for Santa Fe, NM, with my oldest and dearest friend Kaylan. We have been friends for 25 years. Almost our entire lives it seems. I don't remember a time in my life without her. We got braces together, had crushes on all of my older brother's friends, went to junior high dances together, wrote letters to each other in college, and survived losing parents together. We always joke that we are like the movie Beaches. Friends til the end! I feel so blessed to have the good friends that I have in my life.

I can't wait to go away for the weekend. I haven't had a girl's trip since Cancun in 1996! Even then I was always partying with friends and doing co-ed trips. I don't think until I got married and had a baby did I realize the true importance of one on one time with a good girl friend. All friendships have a journey and I cherish that much more now.

I will be back on Monday and I sure there will be pics to follow!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Have sooo much fun!!!!!!!!! I hope you enjoy your time together and relax!