Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Girly Girlz

Starting to notice a theme...this is her birthday party outfit!!




Claire had birthday party at Girly Girlz this weekend and it was VERY girly!!! Claire attended a party here last year but she wasn't into dress up, princesses, or anything with glitter (which suited me just fine!). This year she has changed. She is embracing more girly stuff and it's fun to see. I like her just the way she is no matter what she is in to. I actually liked the Thomas the Train phase and the Disney Cars stuff. I almost miss it but I enjoy watching her explore all parts of being a girl! I have never pushed dolls or hair bows on her. Not because I am against them. I just haven't wanted to stereo type her by buying what I *think* she should play with because it's a girl toy. I don't want her to think life is like Cinderalla and a prince always rescues you but I want her to feel adored someday.  I am okay calling my daughter a princess sometimes. I don't believe it will give her a complex or ruin her life by making her feel special (have you seen these articles onine that talk about what "not" to say to your daughters. there is a message board on baby center about parents debating using the word princess. gag). It's all within boundaries.We have always just followed what makes her happy. "Nurture her nature" which isn't always easy because Claire is serious, literal, and strong.

It was so fun to see her getting her hair done. She had a fancier hair do than I did on my wedding day!! She was nervous before we got there about doing all the hair stuff but once I assured her that it would all wash out and her curly hair would be fine she was OK! Beautiful girl.

No comments: