Sunday, February 27, 2011

What's in a name?

Happy Birthday Dad...Douglas Scott Welker!!! Today would be his 67th birthday. We have missed celebrating with our dad the past 11 years since he has been gone but we have been adding birthdays to the family that give us new reason to celebrate!

Paige got her name because I had a dream last March before I got pregnant and it just came to me. I had never liked the name Paige before. Never disliked it but I hadn't put it on my baby name radar. Once I had this dream that we had a Paige I really liked it. Her middle name Scotlyn is for my dad. His middle name was Scott which is his mother's maiden name. My Grandma is still alive and lives here in Arizona. She is amazing! So it's a wonderful tribute to a family name with a twist just for Paige. Just like Claire's middle name Ryleigh....Eric's middle name is Lee and mine is Leigh...so we incorporated "leigh" into her middle name without using it direct. Claire is also named after Eric's mom (all of the girl's gparents are deceased except for my mom).

I hope the girls love their names when they grow up and their family connections!

2 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

How cute!! We did family connections in our girls names too. Ella's middle name is Dalynn, which is a hybrid of Darlene and Linda her two grandmothers. And Ryen's middle name is Lorissa, which is a hybrid of Lori and Lisa, my two sisters. Sorry your Dad is no longer with you, but I LOVE the middle name Scotlyn!! :) xo

PS: When you finally decide to leave the house to go out just the three of you... start getting ready about 3 hrs early cause for some flippin unknown reason it will take you that long to get all three of you dressed, fed, burped, changed, peed, packed, shoes and to the car. Really...!

Jenney said...

Two perfect names for two beautiful (perfect) little girls!! I love how ou were able to incorporate your dad's name and grandmas madian into Scotlyn..just for little Paige. Of course I love Claire Ryleigh too.. : ) !!

Please know that I thought about you and your family on this day. It is crazy how the time passes. I know he is looking down and just smiling...I am sure that he is so very proud of his baby girl! ♥hugs!