Friday, December 17, 2010

School Party





School's out for Winter Break! To commemorate the day, the kids had a party complete with a musical. As usual, I use the term "musical" very loosely! Claire did great though. She sang and totally performed the whole gig. Last year she cried before it even started and we sat in the hallway. She's a big girl this year and it showed!! The kids just crack me up. During practice you could hear them in their classroom singing SO loud and when the parents show up they act like they barely know the words!

Now the big question is what will we do the next 2 weeks? She only goes 2 days a week so it's not a big chunk left open in our week but boy does it throw us off. I guess that's the point though. To just enjoy having wide open days to enjoy together! I am really trying to embrace that because this will be one of our last few weeks with just me and my girl alone.

I'd thought I'd share a little something we bought recently for anyone who has an early riser. Claire was waking up between 4-5:30am and never seemed sure if it was time to get up since it's so dark outside until after 7am. Her body clock was just getting wacky. We bought the Teach me Time clock. For kids who can't tell time...like Claire...it has a setting where you can have the clock glow green when it's time to wake up. She has loved it so far and every morning she comes into our room and says..."the light is green, it's wake up time!!!" The next thing we have to work on though is making her understand she can get up to pee if she needs to (not that she was doing this yet). I don't want her to wet the bed like she did yesterday b/c she stayed in her room until the light turned green. So that part is a work in progress but something we were needing to tackle anyways so she can stop wearing pull ups to bed someday!

1 comment:

Jill Carilli said...

We have had the same problems with the early rising and the still wearing of pull ups by Ella. :( Good Luck. I think I will definitely have to get the clock for her and for Ryen cause in the Summer they like to wake up with the sun at 5am. BOO!!