Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 wrap up

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? l went to San Diego? Does that count? I have never spent 6 hours in a car with a 2 yr old! We had a great time!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never really make resolutions because I never keep them! This year I just hope to really learn to let go as I become a mom of 2 and embrace chaos in all situations as much as I can!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Lots of friends and acquaintances had babies this year....I can think of 8 new babies right now.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. Whew!

5. What countries did you visit? None this year. Just local and Cali for us!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2011? Energy! ha! I know that will be a long shot with a newborn next year though. I would like to spend more time with friends next year and have a MNO again with a cocktail!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 11, found out I was pg!! Sept 28, found out we were having a girl!! Sept 29, Claire's 3rd Bday!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting pregnant!! HA! This isn't an achievement I accomplished alone but it sure did take a lot of work! =P

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't know??

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major. Overall, it was a pretty good year!

11. What was the best thing you bought? We got a new TV entertainment center. I also got a new beautiful purse/diaper bag.

12. Where did most of your money go? Claire, claire and more claire stuff!

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Finding out I was pg was really the highlight of this year!

14. What song will always remind you of 2010? Little Bear theme song overall but right now it's ending on a serious Thomas the Train theme song note!

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? Much much happier...I have been fulfilled with my friendships and have been blessed with having another baby! I am fatter but that's for obvious reasons!

16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Deep breaths.....count to 10!

17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing about the small stuff.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a low key but wonderful Christmas. Claire was way more into Santa this year and that made it extra fun for us! We did our usual Cmas Eve church service here in our neighborhood park and back to our house for dinner. 3rd annual chicken pot pies with cheesecake for dessert! I am loving have a tradition for our family that I host. Christmas day we went to Tom and Carla's house for a nice dinner and more goodies for Claire!

19. Did you fall in love in 2010? Of course, with my girls! Seeing my girl on the ultrasound was a huge love moment!

20. What was your favorite TV program? General Hospital and Oprah. Same as always!!!! Oprah's farewell season is killing me....I can't believe it's over soon! WAAAAAH!

21. What was the best book you read? Twilight....
although technically I read them at the end of 2009 into early 2010. I loved them!!! They were the longest books I have ever read too. I said I'd never read those stupid vampire books and I got "sucked" in completely! And watched the movies! LOVED THEM!

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33 and had dinner out with the hubs and Claire. Then my girlfriends and I went out for drinks and that was fun especially since it ended up being my last real MNO for the rest of the year!

23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Maternity! This pg though I am trying to dress more like myself and not like Motherhood Maternity swallowed me up!

24. What kept you sane? Other mom friends.

25. What political issue stirred you the most? I hate talking politics and since it isn't a presidential election year I don't care!

26. Who did you miss? Everyone is TEXAS!!

27. Who was the best new person you met? KELLY!! We met through Claire's preschool. Our kids were in the same class last year but we didn't really connect until February. So happy she is in my life!!!

28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Never say never. Pray and let go (easier said than done) and things will fall into place as they should!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

AWE! Thanks for the shout out!!!!!!! That was such a surprise to see my name in LIGHTS! lol! I love you too woman! So happy we have become such good friends and here's to MANY more years together as crazy mamas!

Jenney said...

AHH... Friend all of us in TEXAS miss you too!!