Monday, April 12, 2010

Sugar and spice

Claire had a birthday "tea party" this weekend. The kids decorated pink icing cookies and ate little sandwiches. The girls looked so sweet in their dresses! It reminded me of all the birthday parties I had as a kid. Lots of dressing up and all things girly. Although I wouldn't label Claire as a girly girl she certainly has come around in the past few months and is enjoying dresses and cute shoes. She is the perfect balance of sugar and spice.

I am listening to my sweetie have a tough time going down for her nap and I am trying to distract myself. It seems like there are so many battles at this age! Her natural voice is just loud and high pitched and it seems everyone looks to see where it's coming from. Lots and lots of stares. Then when she does get loud....well, prepare for all eyes on us. We are officially (and have been for quite some time) "those people"! Oy vey!







3 comments:

Jenney said...

How beautiful... I can not believe that Claire is loud. You and Eric are both so soft spoken. What do you do...at that (this) age you only have so much controll...so I say pic your battles and just go with it : )

Life with Claire said...

girl...i am always wondering that myself. we aren't loud but boy oh boy is this girl L-O-U-D!!!

Michelle said...

So cute! Claire just wants to be heard in this world, can you blame her?!?!