Sunday, April 18, 2010

Butterfly Gardens

Such a beautiful exhibit at the Desert Botanical Gardens. We went bright and early Saturday morning. I made a flower bracelet for Claire in hopes that a butterfly would land on it (I hot glued a flower onto an old headband and twisted it around her arm). We got one butterfly to land and it stayed on her for quite some time. She was so good and so still (even when it moved to her arm). It was adorable. I am not a fan of things that fly so even though I wanted a butterfly to land on us, I was pretty much having heart palpitations the whole time. It was awesome though and I even had one on my finger for a moment.






3 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute and cute idea to make the flower bracelet, I bet Claire loved it!

Jenney said...

That is so cool. I love the bracelet idea...aren't you the crafty one. I can't beleive that you do not like butterfies... you were brave!! The things we do for our kiddos.

Kristy R said...

Love the pictures.. She is soooo cute! Glad you took one for the team hanging out in the butterfly garden. :)