Friday, February 26, 2010

We made it....sord of

Hot mess. That's about it in a nutshell. Claire and I got on our flight with no problems. We decided to hop on an earlier flight to ensure our arrival and it was a success. Claire was a dream child! However, when we arrived to Austin I found out some not so good news. My brother's house had been flooded. A pipe busted in their powder room after they left for work and water ran for about 4 hours before Jason came home to find his whole house filled with water. He stopped to grab the carseat on the way to pick us up at the airport. Can you imagine if we had come in on the later flight? He wouldn't have known about the water for 5 more hours. So long story short....my mom came to Bastrop (where they live, right outside of austin) to get Claire and I then took us to Houston to her house...after we waited for my lost luggage (it's true, it just gets better!) to arrive at 7:30pm. We made it to Houston after a very long day (can you say hot mess. 2 yr old with no nap) around midnight. My niece is with us too so it's nice to see her at least. Jason, Tana, and Cy stayed at hotel near home to deal with the mess. We will be flying back earlier than expected but that's okay. I got to meet Cy and give him kisses. Feed him. And love on him for a little bit. I am happy. Everyone's ok so that's all that really matters!

I will post some pics when I return.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you made it. Never a dull moment!!!!!!!!!!!!