Thursday, September 10, 2009

What's Mama doin?

This is Claire's favorite phrase! What's Mama doin? What's Daddy doin?

Two weeks ago when I put Claire in preschool I was so nervous about how things would go when I dropped her off. I guess calling it school made it seem so "big". Back home in Texas anything before the age of 3 is simply called "Mother's Day Out".

My mom scanned this project I did when I was only 1 yr old and emailed it to me the night before Claire's first day. It put me at ease to know that I had been down this road when I was little and loved it. Claire has been loving her time at school too. Each craft she brings home is such a big deal and she oohs and aahs over them for days (until the next batch comes home!). It's been awesome.

So I never did mention that a few weeks ago I went "away" for the weekend. A little stay-cation for mama. ALONE! Before Claire started school I was going a little crazy (that's just putting it midly!!) around the house and Eric took note. He suggested I go stay out at the new house in Gold Canyon since Gordon (E's brother) hasn't officially moved in yet. The pool, mountain views, and quiet were just what I needed to regroup. It's only 30 minutes from our house but I felt like I really got away for those 3 days. It's just so peaceful out there and feels far from the city. There are actually stars in the sky! My husband really came through for me and knew exactly what I needed. He had a great weekend with Claire too. Here is a little pic of my favorite moment in GC! Bubble bath, Blue Bell chocolate ice cream, and a good book.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

OK you're killing me...I could jump right in!