Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oh Dada

Claire loves her Daddy. She always talks about him during the day when we are together. I am just now figuring out why she says "Dada" when she sees certain things in the house. Dada lets her turn the light switch on and off...so she points and says "Dada". Daddy also lets her play with the magnets on the fridge and the car keys that hang on the wall hooks. So, I finally understand now why she looks at those things and says Dada. It won't be hard to figure out what else Daddy lets her do!! haha! We call him on the phone and she is so happy to hear his voice. Weekends are her favorite because he is home all day! He gets Claire on the weekend mornings (while I sleep in!!!) and they always have a great time going for a stroll outside, having breakfast, and watching Mickey Mouse Funhouse! They are so cute together. When I get up and come downstairs they are always on the floor playing. She is so happy. I love their relationship. Eric is a great Dad. So thorough and thoughtful.

It took this whole past year to really get into a rhythmic groove but I really think we have found our way to keeping our home happy. Things just flow now. Each step of the way we have had to learn to communicate better so all of our needs are met. I feel very lucky to have Eric by my side. Now if only he could be the one to take her to get her shots at the doc. I hate being associated with the bad stuff! She cried and cried big tears at the dr and all she kept saying was...."Dada, Dada!!!". My heart just broke.

No comments: