Wednesday, October 8, 2008

3 years ago

This time 3 years ago I was saying my vows. It was an absolutely beautiful day in Houston. Cool and crisp. It made getting married at noon worth it! The morning was so nice out while we were getting ready. I remember being at the hotel that morning and looking out from my balcony and being able to see the wedding site. Nevermind that is was right next to the Whataburger sign and that's how I spotted it! It was fabulous! We had a great wedding. Simple, small, and thoughtful. In these past 3 years we have moved to Arizona and had a baby. Every time we look at Claire she reminds us of our union together. It all makes sense when see the family we have created. God really did bring us together.

If only we could be on a plane tomorrow and off to Maui again! Ahhh, that would be the life. We had it so good there! What a great honeymoon! Instead of listening to the crashing waves while getting a massage I am listening to the sounds of the dishwasher and the baby monitor now. Reality check! That's life though and it is the real stuff that our lives are made of now all because of this day 3 years ago!

Lucky us.


No comments: