Monday, September 22, 2008

Tummy Troubles

First...Claire has had some yucky poops for the past 5 days now. TMI, I know! This has been her first illness. I am thankful it hasn't been any worse but changing super smelly diapers every hour is getting pretty old! Her butt is so red and I know she is tired of everything going right through her. Doc says it's pretty much got to be viral. I did oticed today that one of her upper teeth has finally popped through. YAH! I hope it will give her some relief.

Second...my stomach dropped and I just had an ache today after reading about a young woman who lost her husband yesterday while he was serving in Afghanistan. I read about the loss on my friend's blog and I just felt a hurt for this woman even though I don't know her. My friend Stephanie's husband and this man were in the same troop. I was sad for her and for their daughter. She won't have a dad now. I had my dad for 22 yrs and it wasn't enough. I can't imagine what any less would feel like. The pain of sudden loss is something I understand. Losing a husband and the father of my child....that is a pain I don't want to understand. Sometimes I don't think saying a prayer is enough but it's all I can do for someone I don't know.

On a happier note....Claire is getting better each day at walking. You would think she had been doing it for weeks now. She is everywhere. Unfortunately so is everything else. We are currently looking for the TV remote. HELP!

No comments: