Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

Happy Birthday Pacey Joy!! 10 years old today! On a day of sadness and remembrance for our nation, I have a bright spot. My sweet cat and companion for the past 8 years. Pacey was adopted at 2 1/2 yrs old from a shelter in Houston. I didn't know her birthday so I added 6 months to the day I got her and it was September. Since I was born on the 11th of May I made hers September 11. At the time it was early 2001 still so I didn't know what the day would come to mean to us all. Eric's best friend's birthday is also today as are many others. They cannot change their birthdate just because tragedy struck nor did I change the chosen birthday for Pacey. Oh Pacers...you are loved.

Today always makes me lose my breath for a moment remembering that awful morning. I will always know where I was and how I felt. It's amazing to have lived through something that Claire will only read about in a history book someday. I never thought in my day and age that I would witness war or tragedy of this magnitude. To all the men and women who lost their lives...I pray for your families. For all the service people...troops, firemen, policemen and women....who risked their lives and still do everyday to protect us...thank you.

No comments: