Sunday, September 28, 2008

A look back

This time a year ago I thought Claire was never coming out!! We had gone 4 days over my due date which felt like an eternity. I thought I was going into labor for about 2 weeks so it really felt like forever. Thinking about where we were a year ago is crazy! We were dying to see this little person. I was dying to get this 8lb baby out of my body! She was moving and grooving in there. Finally....I went into labor at 12:30am the 29th. My water never broke but the contractions were real and were coming every 5 mintues like clockwork. We went to the hospital around 4am. I tried to labor at home but it was getting too painful. I was in labor for 22 hours. At 9:50pm on a Sat night she arrived. The most beautiful little girl...okay, the most smooshed looking little girl! We were all exhausted. My mom and Eric's family were waiting anxiously in the waiting area...all exhausted as well!

It has been sentimental looking back as I plan and prepare Claire's birthday parties. She had a wonderful family party yesterday and tomorrow on her actual birthday all of her friends will be coming over. It has been a fun celebration weekend. All the Cox siblings arrived last week and we have been enjoying their company. She got lots of goodies to play with and unique gifts from the heart. Of course...she got shoes for her new walking feet!

Happy Birthday Claire! It's all about you baby!
























1 comment:

Sandi said...

Happy Birthday, Cupcake!! I remember this day well. I was on pins and needles going through the pain over the phone with your momma. We are happy you finally decided to make your grand entrance!

xoxo,
aunt sandi