Monday, July 23, 2012

First day of school!!!






First day of school was today!! More importantly, first day of KINDERGARTEN!!! Claire did awesome going in to her new class. I was so proud of her. She was nervous but more excited than scared. I was just as nervous too (maybe more). I held it together but was tearing up on the way to the parking lot. It was tougher than I thought. I  had all these flashes of memories in my head of being big and pregnant painting her nursery, joining our first baby group, and all the memories in between. Ack. It flooded my heart and I cried big ole tears. It's true...total ugly cry. As I have mentioned before, we tested Claire in to school a year early so it really feels like time went fast getting to this moment. We still feel really good about our choice and are excited to see how the year unfolds. One day at a time!!

When I got home from school drop off  I felt a little lost. Obviously, I still have Paige with me all day but it really hit me that our whole life revolves around Claire. Paige isn't in a baby group. She doesn't have parties or classes to go to yet. I drag her around on MY errands and to CLAIRE'S classes and events. I guess I have to now focus on what Paige and I can do together in the mornings. I am sure it will be great for us! It's just a shift in dynamic for our day and it will take some adjustment.

Moving day is next week! I am simply overwhelmed with all this "newness"! Having never moved with kids before I am a bit anxious about getting them settled in and seeing how they handle it all. Kids are so resilient and I keep reminding myself of that! I am so excited for our new home!

Bye bye summer break!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Claire! the pics are so cute! Where are you guys moving to, bigger house/smaller? Just something new? hope she's still loving school today and isn't scared. :)

Henry Family said...

Love the pics! I can only imagine the feeling of dropping your baby off for her first day of kindergarten. Claire is such an amazing girl and so incredibly smart she is sure to shine wherever she is and whatever she does. So proud of her and you Mama.