Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This and that

Claire and her Daddy. Sigh. They are too cute together and have such a connection. They say in the baby books that kids will go through periods of time where one parent is a favorite over the other. I am pretty sure there is no end to Daddy being the favorite. It's a wonderful break for me that she wants him so much but I must admit that it's a little sad when she doesn't want me at all. I know she loves her mama but it's just not the same. Look how happy she is in all her Daddy pics!

Claire got an easel for Christmas and she has been loving her paints. Mom and Dad not so much. It's messy! It's better than the sandbox though! I hate sand. I kick myself every time I look at the sandbox in the backyard. What. was. I. thinking. So, I go out the other weekend to run errands while Claire stayed with Dad. I come home and find Claire painting in her new "apron". Daddy had created an apron out of a diaper cloth, safety pins and ribbon. How cute is that? So cute and clever. (in the pic claire is showing grandma via webcam her "spaghetti" flash card with stickers off the bananas on her hands...don't ask! i was gone for 3 hours.)

In the last pic, Claire is wearing my old soccer shirt I wore when I was 6. She calls it a dress and loves it! Of all the cute dresses in her closet she thinks this old thing rocks! A belt and some cute shoes and we could be on to something!






1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very cute. I hear ya, Kendal is the same way with Daddy...he is definitely the favorite!!! Too funny about being gone for 3 hrs, it's better not to ask questions when you are gone but you know the kids have fun!!!