Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's all about the ears

Big day today...Claire got her ears pierced!!! She was a trooper. She cried for a minute, got a sucker, and moved on. I truly thought I would pierce them before she turned 1 but a part of me just couldn't put anything on her yet but today that changed. Two of my friends are piercing their daughter's ears and that's all I needed to get the nerve and go for it! It's an adjustment to see her with earrings but I am glad we did it. I really feel when she is older she will thank me for just getting it over with! Growing up I was so happy my mom pierced my ears when I was about 7 months old. I only wish I had done Claire's sooner because every time I have cleaned them so far she tells me, "no no Mommy" in a very calm but matter of fact voice. She cracks me up.

I figure God gave us 2 ears to listen with and only 1 mouth to talk with so why not adorn those precious gifts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is ADORABLE! Such a cute picture. What a big girl w/her earrings. :)

Michelle said...

Awe, what a super cute picture.