Sunday, July 27, 2008

NO, NO, NO!

No! A commonly used word in our house these days. We are realizing very quickly that we need boundaries before things get beyond our control. We did decide after debate that the remote control could stay on the "yes" list. You can tell she is happy about that. She is pretty pleased about all her new attempts to drive us crazy. I didn't realize that turning the TV on and off was going to be a problem until she did it at a friends house. Not so cute anymore. So, out come the pre-toddler books. One paragraph I read said that around the year marker there will be a turning point when they do wrong things. They will have that "glint in their eye" as to say "ha ha, look at me now". Look closely at the pic with the curtains and I think you will see an emerging glint my friends. Her other new trick is tossing her paci out of the crib to see if we will come back in the room at bedtime. Standing in the crib has allowed her to have quite the aim. I knew when I heard a thump on the back of the bedroom door we were in for a long road.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

She looks like you as a baby in the curtain pic. And yes, you will find all kinds of goods in the toilet. We just got home yesterday and I already found my car keys in there this morning!!!!