Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Debut

Claire "hosted" her first play-date with her baby buddy friends. We had a great group show up. The more the merrier was proven to be true. We had a great time seeing everyone. For me it was a personal challenge. I have never hosted anything. ( I don't think Thanksgiving counts in 2004....it was at our house but I didn't cook ANYTHING! ) So it was fun to set things up and see everyone at our house. I know a play-date isn't exactly a hard thing to put together but I definitely felt good about the day. Claire had so much fun with her buds. We have been a part of GBB (Gilbert Baby Buddies) since Jan this year. Growing together as a group and watching the babies grow is really cool. It feels good to part of something and establish these new friendships. I'd be lost without them.

Claire has officially broken ground on her 2nd tooth!!! We can see it now coming through. YAH! As much as we have loved her toothless grin we can't help but get excited at her new smile. The 1st tooth is almost all the way up. It's so cute. Fat pretzel sticks have been key in getting those teeth to pop out. After her trip to TX where she chewed on a stick in Grandma's backyard (which caused the 1st tooth to pop through) we found we were onto something! Teething tool and choking hazard all wrapped into one!

No comments: