Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Welker Reunion

Doug Welker....my grandpa. My dad was also Doug Welker but the family always called him Scotty for his middle name.
All of the Welker grand kids and our kids. We are in the middle. Eric is kneeling with Claire.
Abigail Welker....does she remind you of anyone?? haha
Great Grandma and Paige
 In early October I attended my first Welker Family Reunion. It was here in Gilbert!! We totally lucked out. The Welkers have always been Arizona based. My dad was born and raised in AZ.  It was pretty amazing to meet all of these Welkers and to be related to all of them! It was wild actually. I didn't even realize my dad had all these cousins. I could tell which cousins really had memories of my dad as a kid by the way they would take my arm or hug me. They would get that look in their eyes remembering the special person he was to them and now seeing his daughter standing in front of them. I have to say that being with all these Welkers really got to me emotionally. I am usually very used to my dad not being around. It's been 11 years after all. You just never know when you will feel hit with an emotion and this day I was feeling  a huge sense of loss without my dad, my uncle, and my grandpa being there. Our little table was a bit smaller than the rest. I have no doubt their spirit was truly there that day and that is what I was feeling.

I got to spend a couple of days with my Grandma and aunt too. It was nice to see Great Grandma and the girls together. They love her....especially Paige. It's so great to have these memories! She is the best great grandma.

There are tons more pics floating out there that I hope to get my hands on someday! There were lots of cameras snapping away that day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is pretty amazing....how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! It just shows you that you may be gone but not forgotten