Monday, October 17, 2011

DISNEYLAND




We had a fun trip to Disney last week. Last Christmas the Cox family aunts and uncles gave us a letter, a book of classic Disney stories, and a mickey mouse t-shirt for Claire. The letter said that when Claire turned 4 the fam wanted to help make a trip to Disneyland possible for us. I was pregnant at the time and of course I went into the ugly cry. This is a trip we wanted to take someday but with a baby and all the expenses it wasn't the time for us this year....until they made it possible! My sis in law flew in town from Chicago and took care of Paige for us. We missed her but it was nice to make this trip just about Claire and be free to do what we wanted without baby restraints.

All I can say about Disney is that it is quite an experience. There are moments of pure joy and thrill and moments of bickering, stress, and exahustion. It can quickly go from the happiest place on earth to the crankiest place on earth (us adults were crankier than claire). There was a strange heat wave and the temps got up to 104 degrees. Not ideal for standing in long lines but we did it and we survived!! It was truly a trip to remember. Claire's face when she would see a character was as exciting as believing in Santa. It's magic! In 4-5 years we will go back (by then we should feel brave enough to go back and brave the crowds again. lol) with Paige and Claire and share in the magic of Disney all over again. I hope Disney always remains a magical place for the girls. My dad took me to Disneyworld in FL when I was 10 years old and I still think about that trip as one of my favorite childhood memories.

WE HEART MINNIE MOUSE!!

No comments: