Monday, May 25, 2009

On the go

Wow! After a fun filled birthday week came another fun filled family and friend week! My best friend, Kaylan, was in town with her mom. We spent some fun time together lounging at their hotel pool, having dinner, and shopping! I have no good pictures though. I was not good about bringing my camera!

Eric and I got another date night this past weekend which was awesome. Any time we can dine out without Claire is a bonus right now. She is a bit of a maniac in restaurant settings lately. She screamed so loud at dinner with Kaylan and Gwen on Friday that a manager came over to "see if everything was ok". YIKES! A little taste of the terrible 2's?? I think so. We also saw Eric's family as well. Claire got to see all her Cox family uncles together at the same time!! We visited Uncle Gordon's new house out here in Gold Canyon, AZ. Fun times were had. Tomorrow the real week starts again. Off to see our baby buddies and swim lessons!

I am thinking of the real meaning of this Memorial Day weekend. I am thankful to all of our soldiers...past and present, here and gone. It definitely takes a new meaning when you have family, friends, and husbands of close friends with young families who are serving in this war.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!