Sunday, April 19, 2009

No more bottles!

I truly could not have ever imagined that Claire would just decide one day that the milk in the cup was OK without blood, sweat, and tears! NEVER! Any time I tried to put milk in a sippy cup she would spit it out and say politely,"thank you!". Thanks but no thanks basically. For Claire it was milk in a bottle and water in a cup. I had a plan that was to begin this Monday actually...cold turkey except for the night bottle. I was prepared for some rough days but so far she hasn't even asked or cried for her bottle. Not even the night bottle! I am in shock and so happy!

We are also working on the soothie right now. After she wakes up in the morning and after her nap she drops her soothie in the drawer in her bedroom dresser. The first day that I took the paci from her was terrible. The next day I let HER put them in the drawer and that was the turning point! She likes the praise and me telling her what a big girl she is. The first 2 days she would go back into her room and yank on the drawer knob wanting to get it back out. Day 3 she stopped going back. We are on a roll. I must say that it was a big crutch for Eric and I too. It was so easy to pop it in her mouth when she fussed at the grocery store. We gave it to her at restaurants so we could eat peacefully. She loved it and we hated to see her cry. We are all hanging in there though!! It's really nice not running around the house at bedtime (cursing under out breath!) trying to find where she stashed them during the day. We were always losing them. I am so glad that part is over!

In other events....Eric and I went to a wedding Friday night for one of Eric's co-workers. We had a great time. We got dressed up and really enjoyed some baby free time! When you don't get alone time much you tend to go over board at any chance you get. Let's just say I am pretty sure I was doing the Kevin Bacon "Footloose" dance at one point. I am not sure if it's normal to wake up sore after attending a wedding. This means one of 2 things....I am old or I danced my ass off!!! I am going to say both. Fun was had and that's all that matters.

date night pic. i look extra blonde!


































claire and her sippy cup WITH MILK IN IT!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So proud of you with the bottles and soothies.
Hottie boom bottie. Maybe you should stretch next time before the wedding.