Monday, May 19, 2008

Pure Love

This picture is one the greatest moments of my life! That may seem silly because it's just Claire sleeping in my lap but the thing is she never sleeps on me. She has never been that kind of baby. We just chalk it up to her parents being fiercely independent creatures. The past couple of days though she seems to have developed a new side that doesn't mind closing her eyes in my arms. She was crashed out here and holding her little hand on me. That is something I have not felt on my chest since the breastfeeding days. I was in love. I could have sat there all night.

Claire has a new friend in the world. CONGRATS to our sweet friends Jenney & Keith on the birth of their new baby girl, Ahliana. We can't wait to meet her. Little girls rule!

OH yes, one more thing you may notice in the picture. I cut my hair. A LOT! It's a nice new change and anyone who knows me and hair...it's go big or stay home! I have been red, brown, my normal blonde, short, long, and all the styles in between! It's the great part of being a woman.

Our life has been pretty calm and routine since we returned from Mexico. Claire is starting to push up and look like a pre-crawler. It's exciting to see what she will do next. She rolls and moves like a worm now at the speed of light. I can't imagine her crawling and walking!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh, Claire Cupcake, you are pure love.

stephanie howell said...

you look BEAUTIFUL in that picture. and content..and it makes me teary-eyed.
i love you and i'm so glad we reconnected!!
xoxo