Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

A few questions and answers about how 2008 wrapped up:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Does being a mom count since Claire was born in 2007? The fog didn't lift until 2008! It's been a new experience every step of the way!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't really make any for last year. Too crazy with a 3 month old to make resolutions. This year I want to get back in shape...not original I know but I need to all the same!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend, Rachel, just gave birth a few days ago to her 2nd boy. I can't wait to see her and the new baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandmother died in November.

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More peace of mind.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Sept 29 - Claire's first birthday. Nov 30- My grandma died. March 28 - Mom's 60th bday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I can't pick one but being a mom is a big achievement for me since I was clueless about kids before I had Claire. I feel good that I have come this far!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being patient at times really hurt those around me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No. I remained pretty healthy this year so I felt pretty lucky! Claire was such a healthy baby this first year as well so it was a double blessing.

11. What was the best thing you bought? We did quite a bit this year to complete our home so this is a tough question. Probably our new camera and the desk for the loft! Love them both!

12. Where did most of your money go? House landscaping/furnishings, diapers, & formula.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Claire saying "Mama" made my year! It makes my day everyday really. It was bigger than any other milestone for me.

14. What song will always remind you of 2008? I know it came out last year but Alicia Keys - No One, will remind me of this year. It reminds me of Claire and I when she was an infant.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? Much much happier...the fog of baby land is over and that is awesome. I am sadly fatter though! LOL! I lost all the baby weight and then gained 10 lbs starting in April until now! ARGH!

16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Take walks, breathe, and listen.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying...I worry about worrying!

18. How did you spend Christmas? We stayed in AZ with Eric's family. We had an awesome Christmas Eve at our house and we went to church at the park in our neighborhood which was so fun. We hadn't made time to go to church the past few years. We started a new tradition with the whole family...church, hot buttered rums out by the fire, and homemade chicken pot pies for dinner. We will most definitely be doing it again in the years to come! On Christmas day we went over to Tom & Carla's house for dinner. Claire being older this Christmas made things alot easier.

19. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes. Love like I have never known before!

20. What was your favorite TV program? General Hospital; Brothers and Sisters; Oprah

21. What was the best book you read? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 and it was on Mother's Day this year. It was a nice day wrapped all into one. We had just gotten back from our vacation in Mexico so we just relaxed at home with Claire.

23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Trying to stay cute and not mommy sloppy!

24. What kept you sane? My friends and Starbucks.

25. What political issue stirred you the most? Our election. It was awesome to see all the interest in our presidential race this year.

26. Who did you miss? Amy...my friend in Austin. She is pregnant with her first baby and oh how I would love to go hang out and shop for baby stuff!

27. Who was the best new person you met? I can't pick just one! In Jan of this year I joined a baby & mommy group here in Gilbert and it was the best thing I could have ever done. They all saved my life in some way b/c I was really needing friendship in our new city with a new baby.

28. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Be yourself and make your own choices based on your own principles. Let your friends make their choices as well and don't judge.

No comments: